Friday, September 25, 2009

Yay for our toaster oven

OK, I've always been a believer in toaster ovens. No question there, they're great. When I moved out on my own, Josh used to come hang out after work & I'd make dinner for the both of us - usually something that worked perfectly in a toaster oven - like chicken & veggies - one pan kind of thing. So it made sense that 1 thing we kind of splurged on with our giftcards from Bed Bath & Beyond after the wedding was a higher quality toaster oven. It has a convection (no Kim, not confection - that's candy, silly), setting, can fit an entire 10" pizza (that's a bit tricky, but I've heard works really well if you remember to rotate it mid-way), toasts, bakes, broils, you name it you got it, right?

So here's the excitement. Back in the day I could've been the poster child for Bagel Bites. Pizza in the morning - check, pizza in the evening - check, pizza at suppertime - you get it. I have since married a guy who completely spoils me when it comes to meals, so I rarely resort to Bagel Bites. But today I had some in the freezer (oh yeah, thanks mom!) & Josh is gone. I already spent an early lunch break going for a run & I'm hungry, so I popped some in. Here's how it works - 13 min on the highest setting under the bake function at mom & dad's. Get this - 8 min in mine @ 400 on convection. Hell YES!

I say again, Yay for our toaster oven! Here's to money WELL spent! I will say also that I have some individual-portioned cookie dough in the freezer that works perfectly here as well, I may go for that later & embrace yet again the joy that is the toaster oven. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you used the H word for something like celebrating bagel bites being done sooner. Gracious child, it's like I don't even know you anymore :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha....you might just be a Hansen if you dedicate a blog to being modern food convenience grateful.
    Im waiting anxiously for a later post on the "sandwich maker" . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It time for another blog maybe on... "the joys of being a new..."

    ReplyDelete