Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Coronado, etc.

After a totally over-cast weekend, Brooke & I finally enjoyed some sun at Coronado. It's so pretty out there. I really love it. Too bad it's such a far drive (considering all the beaches that are much closer). I took several pictures for other people (like randoms who asked me to), and I think we may have 1 or 2 of us. It's so clean there, we could have stayed longer, but my red nose is evidence of not putting on sunscreen, so we left pretty early. I'm not one who would really choose to live on the beach, but I could live there. It's so pretty. They even have perfectly landscaped medians - yeah, one had it's own little garden complete with mini gazebo!

That night we went to sushi - my bad, I should have made reservations with the 8 of us, but I didn't. So we ended up going to a different sushi place that didn't have specials that night & we were too late for happy hour. So much for planning (luckily, everything else went well). Of course, with the exception of the grunion run. We went to Moonlight Beach to enjoy a bonfire full a whole of 30 minutes before the beach closed (what?!) and then waited in the cold for the grunion that didn't even show. Oh well, I'm still holding out for the red tide - that's more fun anyway. Someone let me know when that's here again :)

2 comments:

  1. I looked through your facebook pictures of Coronado. I have only been there like once and I don't remember looking around it much. What's with all the Dr. Seuss statues? I loved em! I think I need to go visit just so I can get my picture with all the fun statues. :)
    We should play sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coronado would have been more fun with 4 kids and an old sister with you. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete