Sunday, June 21, 2009

Genuine Fun Times

So, this weekend is/has been such a blast! Dad Kerby surprised Mom Kerby by flying Joy & the girls out here since Brooke was already coming out. We picked the girls up from the airport & came back to Mission Bay to surprise Mom. Original idea was to drive up & be like... "SURPRISE!" but mom always takes appts on her day off (lesson learned?) so we improved & Joy & the girls snuck up on Mom when she came & was distracted by other grandbabies. Hilarious & never to be forgotten... hands over the cheeks... "ahh, ahh, ahhhh... oh my gosh!"... tears. Awesome. Luckily no Kerbys spilled the beans. Probably one of our greatest feats ever.

So we had fun out on the jet skis with everyone. I may or may not have thrown Josh off the jet skis once or twice & he may or may not have skipped across the water the first time he flew. Oops! Luckily I'm able to grab on to him when he drives =) We survived & my wonderful husband has a great sense of humor, so we laughed it off. A sunburned nose, but that's about it.

Saturday dad let us take out the jet skis with the Hansen fam - Yvonne & I hung out in the morning with the girls in the rain (without blankets or sweaters for the girls) while Jared & Josh spent 2.5 hrs at the Swap Meet - sheesh! Jon & Mel showed up with their kids right before Josh & Jared, and they luckily brought a sweater for Bri & some blankets. It was cloudy the whole time we were there, but that didn't stop us from having a blast. I got to take each of the girls out for slow rides near the shore & then I hopped on with Josh & the girls went with their dads (Taylor went with Mel, too).

We came home & Josh made some delicious grub for the Kerby clan & then we played games with the Hansens after watching the Ultimate Fighter Finale. Blackjack for nasty jelly beans after already regretting the ice cream we'd eaten - a bad idea. But what's worse is opting for a hot pepper instead of taking the chance to get a rotten egg jelly bean. I don't think I've ever had a pepper that hot! I even dumped out all the seeds & I still cried as my ears steamed from the heat. I felt the burn in my mouth for the next hour. Yikes!

Tomorrow Brooke & I are going to Coronado... let the good times roll!

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun with you guys! Sorry I left you hanging during the games. I promise to play next time :)

    ReplyDelete